Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Walnut-Scallion Stuffed Mushrooms





These savory bites are made with ingredients you probably already have on hand in your kitchen!! I found this lovely recipe in a magazine and it took me just 30 minutes to make.

Ingredients:

10-15 medium white or button mushrooms
1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
4 green onions, coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped coarsely
1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
2tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing
1tsp low-sodium soy sauce(optional)



Preparation

Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Trim mushroom ends and remove stems. Chop mushroom stems coarsely and combine it with walnuts, green onions and garlic in a bowl . Now there are two ways to do this. You can either just pulse all these ingredients in a food processor(Don't make it in to a paste) or just fill the caps without grinding them.

Transfer mixture to bowl. Stir breadcrumbs and olive oil into the mushroom mixture. Brush mushroom caps with oil and fill it with the prepared mixture, packing tightly and mounding on top. Place round-side down on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and filling is browned. Serve warm. These scrumptious goodies make great appetizers for parties.



29 comments:

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

oh, my hubby loves mushrooms... he sure is gonna like this one!!!

Vishali said...

wow Sharmi....i never tried mushrooms .....the bites look awesome....good one.

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

I live in the NW suburbs - near Schaumburg, to be precise! and you?

Suganya said...

Mushrooms looks perfect. Nice recipe. Look so good. YUM!

sunita said...

Sharmi, I have everything at hand, only need to season the breadcrumbs..will give it a try :-)

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

looks delicious.. lovely recipe.

Unknown said...

stuffed mushroom is something really new and creative..they look great..

Jaishree Iyer said...

I never tried mushrooms ....stuffed mushroom is something really new to me.Looks awesome!

Cham said...

I have visited ur blog for the food spread in banana leaf. Was very impressed the way u cooked.The chow chow bath and much more, Glad u visited mine and I will be keep coming for more delicious picture Sharmi!

Unknown said...

nice and very very intresting recipe will try it soon and tell u

Finla said...

I love mushroom and if they are stuffed with all these goddies i am sure i will love and adore them.

vidhas said...

Mushroom are my all tiem favourite. so yummy and innovative recipe, Sharmi.

Vijitha said...

They look awesome sharmi! lovely pics. inbet kaikuthaarisi (hand pounded rice) is available in all Indian grocery shop. You can try them in Bay area.

Unknown said...

Wow.. my hubby loves mushrooms.. nice entry..yummy...

Priya Suresh said...

Stuffed mushrooms makes me hunger..looks fabulous Sharmi..

Deepthi Shankar said...

nice snack ..

Usha said...

Loved the ingredients you have used,I bet this tasted delicious,looks fantastic !

Laavanya said...

I love stuffed mushrooms but the version I make just has shallots and breadcrumbs.. nice idea to incorporate walnuts as well. Looks good Sharmi.

TBC said...

What a nice appetizer this is. Very simple too. For me, cleaning the mushroomsis the hardest part.:)

TBC said...

What a nice appetizer this is. Very simple too. For me, cleaning the mushroomsis the hardest part.:)

Chandani said...

these look so cute!! unfortunately, hubby is not that fond of mushrooms, so will have to invite some friends over so that I can make these:)

Melita said...

Your blog is wonderful as well! Would love these mushrooms right now! We love, love mushrooms!
Tons of great recipes here, and love the ethnic ones!
Thank you for stopping by today! :)

Lisa Turner said...

This mushroom lover smells perfection.

Premyscakes said...

wow, good ones with mushroom.

Purva Desai said...

They look simply awesome, and can be made in a jiffy. Thanks for sharing

Adlak's tiny world said...

never tried stuffed mushroom, its my kids favo.. looks unique and awesome.

something waiting for u in my blog pls check out.

Geri said...

Too bad I'm allergic to mushrooms. These look really good.

Preety said...

nice recipe have to give it a try thanks for sharing it

Payal Shah said...

Hi, I came across your site as I was searching for a recipe for Brussel Sprouts curry. So I browsed further and I have to say all of your recipes look great. I can't wait to try making brussel sprouts curry