Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Eggplant Crisps!


As I am half way with my AFAM roundup I thought I will finish posting my JFI. It is a real busy week for me and still trying to meet all ends. AFAM contributors please bear with me.

I love eggplants and the most important part is, it has to be freshly cooked may it be sambar or subzi. When ever It gets ignored in the fridge for a while , then this recipe works out well.

Ingredients

10 small or medium sized eggplants
oil for deep frying
salt
red chilli powder

Preparation

Cut the eggplants into thin slices as seen in the picture. Deep fry them in oil and you can make out when they are done. Remove and drain excess oil out of the eggplants. Take 1tsp salt and 1tsp chilli powder and mix them together. slightly sprinkle the salt/chilli powder mix on the eggplants and gently toss them so that they get coated evenly. They go great with rice/rasam or sambar combination.
This is my contribution to JFI hosted by Sangeeta of Ghar Ka Khana

24 comments:

Bong Mom said...

I am not a big eggplant fan, but these eggplant fries are Bengali favorites. My hubby loves to have them not only with Tice and dal but with Poori

Swapna said...

Those look really good. I have got to try them.

Mishmash ! said...

hey....this is something which I had from a friend's place while we were at her's for group-study :D and it was so tasty too!

Shn

Poonam said...

Those look really tempting!!!

Lata said...

Never heard about these before, got to try. They look very nice.

Jyothi said...

hi Sharmi, looks yummy and great. Great entry too. Thanks for sharing.

Dee said...

Simple but great comfort food!

Dee said...

Simple but great comfort food

www.ammaluskitchen.info

Raji said...

fried eggplant is heavenly
hmmmmm

Poonam said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Sharmi. Feel free to add me to your blogroll. I am relatively new to the blogging world and so will need some time to get my act together :)

Shobana senthilkumar said...

Simple and crispy too....
Thanks for sharing.

archana said...

This is such a simple recipe and looks so tasty :)

bee said...

cooked egpplant is so difficult to photograph. you make it look pretty.

Richa said...

fried eggplant looks good, must taste yum!

Sreelu said...

Sharmi, I will take eggplants in any forms, boy deep fried must have tasted great

Raaga said...

Will try. I have more recipes than time to cook these days :-((

J said...

Not a fan of eggplants, but those pics are pretty good!!

ushaprashanth said...

Hi!
Fried Eggplant!!! I know eggplant poriyal,sambar...etc but this recipe sure sounds good!!

sra said...

i've eaten these just once - my friend made them and they were really nice.

TNL said...

I think I'd like these!

:)

Cynthia said...

Sharmi, dearest, I have never heard or thought of making eggplants this way. I have bookmarked the recipe and this week when I go to the market I will definitely get some eggplants and try making this dish.

WokandSpoon said...

These look great. Wonder if i can oven-bake them to avoid frying them?

Sharmi said...

Poonam, I will surely add you.

Wokandspoon, ya you can oven bake them till they get crisp. thats a great idea too.

Unknown said...

hey you can even grill the egg plant ... a healthy touch... good n each one !!